Friday, May 4, 2012

Intern Insight- Gary Week 4

            Throughout week 4 I spent most of my time working on the post-traumatic stress disorder project (PTSD). This project is very detailed, and I’m trying to make sure I include stress relieving activities that the employees at this facility could do as a team. I spent a little bit of time in the mobile command unit and learned that Cumberland County was one of the first counties in the area to get a mobile command unit.
            Once you walk into the mobile command unit you see that it is filled with laptops, radios, and some flat screen televisions. This unit would be used if for some reason the main center would lose power or something would happen that would force them out their building.
            As I said I spent most of my week working on a project about PTSD, and this is the same project I wrote about last week in my other blog. I have done 2 drafts, and for the most part the paper is done. But I am now working on flyers that will be handed out to the employees. These flyers will be about team activities to help improve communication, reduce stress, and improve team work. An example of an activity that I came up with was having teams build free standing towers. They will have a week or so to build their towers. When the competition is over they can vote on whose tower they liked more and why. This activity will help improve all the things I discussed above. That has been my week at Cumberland County Public Safety.
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment